lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx using WYSE 50 terminals

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx using WYSE 50 terminals
Date: 19 Oct 1997 18:58:28 -0600

BL>  Display problems with various older terminals that use "magic cookies":

BL>    Tandy DT-100

Wow!  I'm using one of those here!  I got it at a garage sale for $8
:) The left shift is broken though, anyone got an extra keyboard for a
Tandy DT-100?

BL> Yes, that's the problem with such entries.  I think that, except with
BL> specialized software (intentionally written around the limitations of
BL> magic cookie terminals), such two-state entries are preferable.

That's all I can get mine to do.  I don't have documentation for it,
but the setup screens describe its emulation as "ANSI" (hah!).  It
seems to only support one attribute at a given time in any case,
though you can choose whether you want that to be inverse, dim, or
underline.  I have a terminfo entry for it, but it's really just
ansi-mini with the standout code added.