lynx-dev

Re: lynx386 and ctrl+c-problem (fwd)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx386 and ctrl+c-problem (fwd)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:32:45 -0700 (PDT)

On 16 Oct 1997, Hasan Karahasan wrote:

> When you have a web page on your screen you can exit from lynx, okay no
> problem. But when you see the message "http request sent; ..." or in other
> words when lynx was busy with waiting, ^c or ^break was not passed
> correctly to the application. When lynx is _not_ busy, ctrl+break brings up
> the "whereis" prompt of lynx. This proofs me that the bug is in pdc2.3. Your

This is exactly what I am talking about.  The patch I made for PDCurses
2.3, involves changes to the ctrl-C and ctrl-BREAK handling.  On a US
keyboard, with lynx_386, setting break to on fixes the problem you
describe.  Which version of lynx_386 are you using?  Did you apply the
patches I posted to PDCurses 2.3?

Doug

Me again.

Actually, I just applied them without looking at them so I didn't realize
what those patches addressed or the fact that you had to set break=on to
correct any sort of problems with CTRL-C and I find this interesting.

Here's what happened next.