lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Error in compiling ac82

From: James Elkinton
Subject: LYNX-DEV Error in compiling ac82
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:33:08 -0700 (PDT)

I've compiled every ac since ac74 with no problems, so you can imagine my
surprise when this popped out and reared its ugly head in ac82:

./LYMain.c: In function `free_lynx_globals':
./LYMain.c:477: `lynx_lss_file' undeclared (first use this function)
./LYMain.c:477: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
./LYMain.c:477: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

Email if extra info is needed... I'll see what I can do.

Also, I'm compiling on a machine that has a bad termcap or something, that
causes all links to be in inverse (ANSI ESC[7m) and only a cursor to each
link that I arrow over to.  However, this is much better than the one that
is system installed, which has all links in bold video (ESC[1m) and when you
select the link, it becomes normal video (ESC[0m), with no cursor in sight!
VERY difficult on a terminal on which bold and normal are almost
indistinguishable from each other.  Stupid FreeBSD system. :)  My Linux
system does it perfectly.  But I gotta use the FreeBSD system for a while,
so... even though it is rather off-topic, can anyone give me some detailed
help on what I should scrounge around the net for to try and fix this
problem?  Saw some general ideas a while back, but it made no sense at the
time.

;
;