lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV lynx 2.7.1 for Minix

From: Ing. Claudio M. Tantignone
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx 2.7.1 for Minix
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:11:00 -0400

Hello:
Thanks for your comments. The port of lynx to Minix is from the last I
saw in Internet, 2.7.1.

>> Hello:
>> I finished porting lynx to Minix 386. This operating system have no virtual
>> memory
>> so it run in little machines.
>
>Are you making it available?  What version?  How much did you have to
>change?

No yet, I will sent it to minix1.hampshire.edu this end of week. I will
comment you when it be ready. The version I port was 2.7.1.

>What do you mean by "crashing"?  An exit(-1) via the outofmem macro or
>something else?

No, some routine gave me the "out of memory" message. You need to set the
stack and data size in Minix with the command chmem (native for Minix).
So for me the program crash because it was short of memory.

I saw the parameters DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE about having documents in memory.
I will check the HText_new() routine, I compile with some option (I do not
remember now) and lynx generates a lynx.leak file, now is empty.

>Disk caching isn't likely to happen anytime soon (unless you are going to
>add it...).  Maybe there is a caching proxy available for minix?
>   Klaus

Ok, I was hoping to reduce memory usage, with files in disk cache.
About proxy caching, I know about http server running in Minix, but
I do not know about proxy servers.

Regards,
Claudio Tantignone
address@hidden