lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Configure patch for SCO

From: Jean-Pierre Radley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Configure patch for SCO
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 12:33:10 -0400

Bela Lubkin telecommunicated:
| Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
|
| > SCO Unix (both 3.2v4.x and 3.2v5.x) needs to inlude libsocket when
compiling.

| As Tom said, this should be found by configure (and always has been, for
| me, but I'm still on ac.36).  Special cases should be reduced, not
| increased.  For which I say:

Well, I never had any trouble that I can recall in the last few months
either.

The problem must be something that I did, but I don't know what.
I unpacked the distribution into a fresh directory, typed 'configure', and
(it never rains but it pours) this time the make file has:

        LIBS            = -lcurses -ltermcap  -lnsl -lsocket -lsocket

!!

Maybe the problem is that these ac.XX versions do not unpack to different
trees, the top-level is always lynx2-7-1, there would be an old config.cache
and an old config.status file sitting there, and it hadn't been my practice
to type 'make distclean'.

Could each successive ac.XX variant unpack to its own lynx2-7-1.XX file,
please?

--
Jean-Pierre Radley   address@hidden   XC/XT Custodian   Sysop, CompuServe
SCOForum