lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx authorization and news followup problems

From: Heikki Kantola
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx authorization and news followup problems
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 23:51:38 +0300

Lynx (all versions I've tried, upto 2.7.1ac-0.70) seems to have some
sort of problem with authorizations when accessing mixed public/
password-protected databases on Lotus Domino server (eg. <URL:http://
katko.helsinki.fi>) as if you first fail to get access to protected
database and then select a public one you'll again get the prompt for
username and password for each link you select.

Secondly, I yesterday noticed that Lynx doesn't handle Usenet news
followups as well as I (and news RFCs too I think) wish as there's no
references header being generated. Also in the subject line the usual
"Re:"-prefix replaces first few characters rather than gets appended
to the beginning. Of course I don't think Lynx should be full-blown
newsreader but atleast it should do such basic things like followups
decently for the occasional need...

--
Heikki "Hezu" Kantola, <address@hidden>
Lähettämällä mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta sähköpostia yllä olevaan