lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV DISPLAY variable settings

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: LYNX-DEV DISPLAY variable settings
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 09:57:16 -0400 (EDT)

I received the following message in the "TODO" context and am
forwarding it to the list for possible discussion:

-----
From: address@hidden (Andreas Leitgeb)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 10:07:04 -0600
when I start Lynx without a DISPLAY-variable, I'd still like
to be able to specify the display in the option-form and NOT get
the following message: (for example if an X-display becomes available
later)
"... WARNING: Lynx is NOT configured for XWINDOWS!"
-----

1)  The DISPLAY variable isn't saved to .lynxrc, so setting it in the
    options screen rather than the command line is dubious.

2)  I'm not sure who might be capable of actually hooking in XWindows
    library code to get an X-display to function.

3)  What is the value of suppressing the warning that this doesn't work?

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
I don't know what it is to be happy you know.
Just thought you might be interested.   Of course I should have
saved my breath, not that I have any breath.   God I feel so down
today.

;
;