lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV URLs in Lynx...

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV URLs in Lynx...
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:36:59 -0400 (EDT)

970916  address@hidden  wrote:
> My mouse is dead, and I've just started using Lynx, and I'm impressed!

yup, Lynx is a feline after all ...
(tho' i believe there is a version of Lynx which is mouse-friendly).

> how do I either view the current URL (or the URL the cursor is sitting on)

enter  =  to see the URLs of the currently displayed page & the current link.
enter  o  for the Options page & change to Advanced mode (from Novice)
  to get the current link displayed at the bottom of the page.

> how do I save a page in my bookmark file
> (and hence read it using a text editor, offline)

to save the displayed page, enter  p , then goto "Print to file",
  then give a file name (+ Enter): the page will be copied to a file
  for your later reading, editing etc outside Lynx.
if it's your bookmark file you want to edit, BE CAREFUL:
  it's not a normal file: you can make minor revisions within lines
  or delete them using an editor, but don't try anything fancy.

;