lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Screen Settings

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Screen Settings
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 23:30:19 +0100 (BST)

> * [12]Computers and Internet [13][Xtra!] -- Internet, WWW, Software,
>       Multimedia, ...
>     * [14]Education -- Universities, K-12, Courses, ...
>       * [15]Entertainment [16][Xtra!] -- TV, Movies, Music, Magazines,

This looks like a problem I had (or maybe it was the opposite form) with
an old Linux version linked with curses.  Version 2.7 linked with ncurses
doesn't have the problem.

The problem only occurred after a task switch with control-Z or
after shelling out (e.g. sending mail possibly downloading, etc.) and
was because the stty handling of LF wasn't being restored properly.
In your case, I think you are getting a pure LF when CR LF is expected.

I lost my patch for this when the hard disk died, although it was
published on the list.  However, the problem doesn't arise with my
current configuration.

You should, however, check that the <UL>s are being closed properly.
;
;