lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV dired "../"

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV dired "../"
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 12:19:27 +0900 (JST)

> Does NO_PARENT_DIR_REFERENCE not work?  See the Makefile.  Read the
> comments there.

I'm not sure if my messages about revising the INSTALLATION file
have been received by the list, or if there is even any interest
in such an undertaking, but your comment here, "See the Makefile"
(which has been renamed Makefile.old), indicates I should do some
rewording/restructuring of INSTALLATION so that people can better
help themselves.  In particular, a reference to compilation symbols
(didn't somebody compile a list of these?) seems to be in order,
especially since for Unix at least autoconf is working really well.

Tom, are you planning on giving every single symbol an enable/disable
option for configure, or will there be some which will always need
to be done manually for those who want to really fine tune their
compile?  I'll go ahead and make a list of compilation symbols that
aren't going to be set by configure and stick it in the INSTALLATION
file, if there will be a need for that as there seems to be now.

__Henry
;
;