lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Mainframes, 3270 and Lynx FORMs

From: Kevin Ternes
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Mainframes, 3270 and Lynx FORMs
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:59:05 -0400

and Lloyd G. Rasmussen wrote:

> What happens if they hit ctrl-U in a text entry field.  This doesn't
> allow you to edit it, but this is at least the Lynx way to clear a
> line and start over.

That suggestion sounded pretty good and I wanted to try it but, alas,
3270 terminals don't have control keys!  What I actually did to try it
anyway was "SEND Ctrl-U" on a PC running a 3270 emulator.  That causes
funny characters to appear in the text box.  Oh, well.  Nice try anyway.
Thanks guys.

-jkt

--
J. Kevin Ternes                     mailto:address@hidden