lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX 2.7.1 compile error in LYSEARCH while creating VAX/VMS

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX 2.7.1 compile error in LYSEARCH while creating VAX/VMS executable
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 19:43:10 -0500 (EST)

"Timothy G. Kambitsch" <address@hidden> wrote:
>LYNX v2.7.1
>Multinet V2.5a

           3.5a?

>VMS 6.2
>DECC
>
>I have downloaded and unpacked the FOTEMODS (thanks again Fote) over
>the standard distribution.  I then editted out the offending
>"multinet_ntohs" and "multinet_ntohs" statements.
>
>Now I am getting this error when compiling LYNX.  Any quick fix?
>

>%CC-E-NOTCOMPAT, In this declaration, the type of "textsearch" is not
> compatible with the type of a previous declaration of "textsearch" at line 9
> in INTERNET:[LYNX.LYNX2-7.LYNX2-7-1.SRC]LYSEARCH.H;1.
>                At line number 56 in
>INTERNET:[LYNX.LYNX2-7.LYNX2-7-1.SRC]LYSEARCH.C;3.

        There is no declaration of textsearch at line number 56 of
LYSearch.c, and the type of the declaration at line 9 in LYSearch.h
does correspond to that of the function at line 168 in LYSearch.c,
so I can't explain the error you're getting.  Sorry.

        Well, if by "standard distribution" you mean the vanilla v2.7.1
then no I can't explain it.   The devel code changed the type of
textsearch, so if you have modules from that inappropriately mixed
in, you would get an error, but it's LYSearch.c doesn't have a
declaration at line number 56, either.

                                Fote