lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Patch for development version 0.58

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Patch for development version 0.58
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 12:18:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 1 Sep 1997, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> Attached is the patch I used to compile ac-0.58 on DOS.  I presume that
> similar changes need to be made in UCdomap.c for VMS, but I didn't change
> anything there, since I am unfamiliar with VMS.
>                                 Doug

Part of your change is to make the iso06_uni.tbl and iso08_uni.tbl used.
They were always in the src/chrtrans directory (without the 'M' and 'O'
lines, more or less straight from the linux kbd package), but were not
used.  I have no strong opinion whether they should be there - but since
the scripts for which they are used (Hebrew, Arabic) are written
right-to-left, for which lynx doesn't have support, I thought those
charsets might not be useful for anyone.  I think I have never seen
anybody ask on the list for support for these character set, my guess is
that use of Lynx is kind of underdeveloped for use with those languages.

    Klaus

;
;