lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Suggestion: parse .shtml as an HTML file

From: Yutaka Uratochi
Subject: LYNX-DEV Suggestion: parse .shtml as an HTML file
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 02:21:21 +0900

  Hi, lynx maintainers.  I thank you for releasing such a great web
browser!

  Nowadays, more and more HTML files has extension other than .html.
For example, .shtml for SSI HTML, .phtml for PHP/FI embedded HTML.
Browsing those HTML files from the command line like this:

  % lynx index.phtml

doesn't parse HTML tags, because lynx assume it is a plain text.
  I want lynx to recognize files as HTML files, if the files have
extensions defined in lynx.cfg like:

  HTML_EXTENSIONS:html,shtml,phtml

  I appreciate your implementing this.

----
http://www.first.tsukuba.ac.jp/~urat/    |   Sorry, my page is Japanese only.
address@hidden                 |   And also, sorry if my English
Yutaka Uratochi                          | is poor ;-).
 College of natural science, University  |
  of Tsukuba, Ibaraki Pref., Japan       |  Solaris 2.5.1 sparc + lynx 2.7.1
;
;