lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV progress on user certificate support for Lynx

From: nospam-seesignature
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV progress on user certificate support for Lynx
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 20:07:42 -0400

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> address@hidden (Cryptic Tom Z.) wrote:

Of course - this concerns cryptography :).

>       I suspect that since it will have the hooks in it, Bruce will have
> to pass the modifed files to particular, "legally qualified" people with
> compression and uuencoding (or whatever) via email, and then we can see
> how much can be worked in without the hooks, to be used with your daemon
> and/or with a minimal patch set for putting the hooks back in.

I think this will superceed my proxies.  Since the proxies themselves
would have to handle or access the certs, but that will be handled within
lynx code from their description, it likely will be like your SSL overlay
(or that converted to a diff).

I went to the proxies mainly to avoid having to reissue diffs every few
months.  And my proxy could be exported by simply publishing it like the
source to PGP, and it is much shorter.

The biggest thing MIT might do to help would be to offer a "public" export
controlled site so I could simply upload my current proxies, some other
crypto code I am working on, and whatever lynx SSL additions exist.

They are welcome to modify my proxies instead of lynx proper.

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---

;
;