lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx_w32 and Realaudio Problem

From: Judith M. Dixon
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx_w32 and Realaudio Problem
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 17:35:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I am running the 32-bit version of Lynx under Windows 95 and it is working
beautifully.  What a marvelous program--thanks to all who had a hand in
it.

I read in helper.txt that it is possible to use it with Realaudio so I
followed all the directions--added c:\raplayer to my path; set a home
environment variable; created a mailcap with the line provided.

When I run Lynx, and select a Realaudio item, Realaudio launches and then
aboutg 90% of the time my machine completely locks up.  About 10% of the
time it works.  What I have also noticed is that if I open realaudio
before running Lynx, then it does work.  When it works, it works really
well.

Does anyone have any ideas of what is causing this problem?  I uninstalled
realaudio and reinstalled it.  I am using ra32_30 and it is working fine
with other browsers.

I am also wondering if I can put other players for .wav, .au, etc. files
in the mailcap.  How do I find the syntax for the mailcap?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Judy Dixon

*  Judith M. Dixon                     address@hidden        *
*  Consumer Relations Officer          (202) 707-0722      *
*  National Library Service            (202) 707-0712 fax  *
*     for the Blind and                                    *
*     Physically Handicapped                               *
*  Library of Congress                                     *
*  Washington, DC 20542                                    *