lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Your Web Site's Findability

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Your Web Site's Findability
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 23:54:23 -0400 (EDT)

970724 Laura Eaves wrote:
> Spam time -- Where did all this spam come from all of a sudden?
> I take back waht I said last week about never seeing spam.
> I think I've seen 3 samples of it in the last 2 days.
> Is there a way to filter it?

i think you were on holiday during the Great Panic around May time,
after we had a couple of spams from a rather unsavory outfit,
which appeared easy to deter with some carefully chosen words.

look in the Archive for discussion of Procmail etc.

if the latest bunch are coming from one source,
it might be an idea to send a polite warning to them
that they're treading on a wasps' nest hereabouts.
i did it last time: again see Archive.

and again: let's don't panic anyone.

;