lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: extended "show color" choice

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: extended "show color" choice
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 17:53:28 -0500

In message <address@hidden>, "Hiram Le
ster, Jr." writes:
 ] On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:
*snip Klaus's explanation of the problem with color as an 'O'ption*

 ] I'm sure that somewhere in this paragraph, you address my initial reaction
 ] to this idea, but it's just not clicking.
 ]
 ] What happens in the case that someone sets "Always ON" or "Always OFF" and
 ] then saves it in the .lynxrc.  They later change their mind and want "ON"
 ] or "OFF".  Since these are NOT saved in the .lynxrc, will they be able to
 ] ever undo the previous setting without editing .lynxrc and manually
 ] removing that line?

That's why I think it needs to be two separate options, one to force
color on when it's normally off (you're not a dentist but the patient
wants a root canal, to paraphrase Hiram), and one to force color off
when it's normally on (you're a dentist but the patient doesn't _want_
a root canal), and only one of those options should be available from
the options screen at a given time.

being a dentist -> terminal description indicates color support,
wanting a root canal -> wanting colors (if you want colors as much
as you want a root canal, for instance, like me).

--jss.
;
;