lynx-dev

Zmodem downloading woes

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Zmodem downloading woes
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:15:23 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Jonathan Henry said:

> I can't use z-modem to download anymore. When I download to my server's
> disk space & use "download *jpg*" I only get a few files then it freezes up.
> When I was able to use z-modem I got numbers instead of the original file
> name. Lynx 2.7 was working fine except for file names. Want more details?

The problem with z-modem group transfers hanging sounds like a
z-modem problem that we can't help you with.  User help services
at teleport.com may be able to help you with this.

The "numbers instead of the original filename" problem should not
be happening with 2.7.  We would need more details to help find
the problem.

You may wish to trace down what downloader definition you are
using when you use z-modem from within a Lynx d)ownload command,
and compare it with what is in lynx.cfg in the current
distribution.  You could be running with an old z-modem
downloader definition that doesn't get you the right name.

There is some discussion of this in my FAQ under "problems
downloading" but that is somewhat historical.  I would suggest
that you read the current online help and lynx.cfg first.

--
Al Gilman
http://www.access.digex.net/%7Easgilman/lynx/FAQ/