lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV lynx 2.7.1 compile errors

From: Adam Lloyd
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx 2.7.1 compile errors
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 14:18:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

I am running an old verison of lynx 2.3. Recently a problem was found
with it, downloading lead to getting shell access. Its been turned off.

This version of lynx fixes it, its got lots of new features which our
users would be very happy with.

I've tried to compile it a number of times.

I have had no luck so far.

I've used parts of userdefs.h and placed various things into the 2.7.1
userdefs.

Also we have usr/5bin/cc and gcc

I've tried both none seem to work.

perhaps some can help!

here's a a make sun4 using gcc

"Makefile", line 276: Warning: Malformed conditional (you are compiling
on a previously unsupported system, modify)
"Makefile", line 303: Warning: Malformed conditional (you are linking to
freeWAIS-0.202 or older, you should define this)
"Makefile", line 308: Warning: Malformed conditional (you have the
reverse clear screen problem of some SUN4 systems you)
"Makefile", line 313: Warning: Malformed conditional (you have an SVR4
system with the "type any key" problem, try defining)
"Makefile", line 323: Warning: Malformed conditional (you would like
logging of client requests via syslog(), you should)
"Makefile", line 328: Warning: Malformed conditional (you would like to
enable code to detect memory leaks define this in both)
"Makefile", line 733: Warning: Shell command needs a leading tab
cd WWW/Library/sun4; make CC="gcc" LYFLAGS="     "
"Makefile", line 28: Need an operator
Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Stop.

+-------/-\|)/-\|^| |_.--tfn helpdesk volunteer----------+
| address@hidden              address@hidden  |