lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV back-ground download

From: Vomberg Semuel
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV back-ground download
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 12:30:58 +0300 (IDT)

sorry, but i had problem when sending this massege, so i'm sending it
agien, but from other server. if you got it twice - well, sorry.

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

> > i tried to make lynx to download in the back-gound, and failed.
> > what i mean ? when i browsing the net, and see a nice file, i want lynx
> > to download it in the backgound, and will let me continue to browse.
> > can it be done ?
> Lynx does not do background downloads at this time.  This capability
> is frequently asked for, but it's not there now.

but i'm not asking for background download ! UNIX don't need help with
multitesking. all that featury needs to do is to run a sub-proccess,
something like "lynx -source <url> >file.name &", and that's all !

is it defficult to be done ?

maybe you can add any information-pass between the two progs. just
a little thing that will say "can't download", "starting download",
just to know in general what's heppening to the file, so the user
won't be suprized to find out an error msg, instead of his file...

see you soon...

Live long and Prosper
   Semuel Vomberg
      EE student