lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV BeOS port

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV BeOS port
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 19:01:08 +0100 (BST)

> I am considering a port of Lynx with SSL to the BeOS and would appreciate

If the RSAREF licence (and you must use RSAREF in the USA) doesn't
permit royalty free commercial use, you will have voided the GPL on Lynx
within the USA.  As this seems to be the only thing that prevents the
freeware PGP being used commercially in the USA, I am pretty sure that
RSAREF doesn't permit such royalty free use.  In that case, you will not
be able to distribute your version under the GPL (the GPL says that,
if a patent requires royalties to be paid by any class of user within
a country, the GPL is void for that program, within that country).
This means that you will have to negotiate an alternative licence,
without that clause, with the copyright owners.
;
;