lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV charsets

From: Ricardas Cepas
Subject: LYNX-DEV charsets
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 14:09:21 +0300

                Hello,

        I have found in  various README files that current
Lynx can work on UTF-8 console. How do exactly enable this
?  If I  set display  charset  to Unicode  UTF-8 and  META
tag  has  `charset=UTF-8'  or unicode-1-1-utf-8  it  works
to  some extent.   But  for other  charsets everything  is
translated to  ASCII and  U??? numbers. And where  is this
SLANG_????_HACK ?
        Another minor problem: lynx.cfg  is only read with
-cfg option though it is in userdefs.h:
#define LYNX_CFG_FILE "/usr/local/etc/lynx.cfg"
and the same pathname is in lynx binary.

                                Thanks,
--
                                      Ričardas Čepas

;