lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Welcome back! and ...

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV Welcome back! and ...
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 13:49:14 -0400 (EDT)

970711 Klaus Weide wrote:
> Re-sending this message, now that I am subscribed correctly:
>> Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 16:36:13 -0500 (CDT)
>> Subject: I'm back + Re: Lynx development process
>> 1. I'm back, after some enitirely net-less weeks (longer than expected).
>> Sorry for the confusion and concern this may have caused.
>> I'll have (maybe much) less time to spend for lynx dev then for some time,
>> but will try to continue working for lynx (and the development code).
>>  Right now I am still trying to catch up on what I have missed.
>> I notice, from browsing through my mailbox, that quite a few things
>> have happened...

it seems the mystery had 2 solutions: as you can see from the Archive,
a number of us were worried you had succumbed to kidnap or worse.
apart from friendly concern for a fellow club member,
lynx-dev will not survive long if it becomes a 1-guru + acolytes show.

as for the 2nd problem, apparently you got caught in the new policy
of not forwarding non-subscribing mail to lynx-dev.
can i add my vote to those asking that we return to the old policy?
we had one spam (certainly from a nasty-looking outfit),
and once they realised they had strayed into a wasps' nest
they don't seem to have wanted to come back.
my advice was to don't panic.

can the responsible party please tell us if non-subscribers are still
being stopped at the door & if so, explain why?
i'm sure we would all accept a genuine reason, if there is one (smile).

;