lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV /dev/null and the CERT bug

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: LYNX-DEV /dev/null and the CERT bug
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 00:54:52 -0600

After my note regarding testing of the CERT bug messing up /dev/null on my
machine, there was some speculation that it was only due to my ability to
use root priviledges. Let me caution everyone that a normal user account
can and has trash /dev/null on some machines when testing Lynx with the
CERT bug. At least on Solaris 2.4 this has been adequately demonstrated. If
you have tested the CERT bug with Lynx on your system, be sure to check that
/dev/null is correct and functional.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,