lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip updata

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip updata
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 18:59:25 -0500 (EST)

        An update of fotemods.zip is available in:

        http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/patches/

1997-06-14
* Fixed a longstanding bug in highlight() of LYUtils.c which caused seeking
  of a column position less than 0 and strange behavior when a link is made
  current, if show_cursor is on and the link begins at column 0 (as can
  happen in PRE blocks).  We now position the cursor on the first character
  of such links, so the current link will remain clear for those with speech
  or braille interfaces. - FM
* Added functions in LYCurses.c, along the lines of those in the development
  code, so that the [w]start_foo() and [w]stop_foo() functions no longer
  just replace character attributes for Unix FANCY_CURSES, but now add or
  subtract them as for VMS curses and slang. - FM
* More mods in GridText.c and LYUtils.c so that the handling of WHEREIS
  search target emphasis when links are made current and non-current is the
  full equivalent for Unix FANCY_CURSES of that for VMS curses and slang.
  Note that the restoration of search target emphasis does not succeed if
  the hit started before or extends beyond the link name (hightext or
  hightext2 string).  What it would take to succeed in that case as well
  doesn't seem worth the overhead, but I'm still thinking about it.  Also
  note that we still do not emphasize search target hits, but only do link
  or page re-positioning, for Unix curses when only standout() and standin()
  are supported.  In that case, standout() is being used for all links,
  including the current (with the latter indicated via cursor position by
  turning show_cursor on), so we don't want to create a totally confusing
  situation by using standout() for search target hits as well.  The code
  is still designed to degrade gracefully when the terminal does not have
  the capabilities of the curses or slang with which Lynx was built. - FM

                                Fote