lynx-dev

Re: _everything reverse_ w/ lynx2-7-1ac-0.28/slang LYNX-DEV

From: H E Nelson
Subject: Re: _everything reverse_ w/ lynx2-7-1ac-0.28/slang LYNX-DEV
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 10:17:29 +0900 (JST)

> > is 1997-05-24], but everything on any and every page comes up in reverse,
> > execpt the status line, whose attribute seems to be set to bold rather
[...]
> Then what did you do differently from the options you've listed below?

Absolutely nothing; that's why I posted.  Something has changed between
ac-0.19 and ac-0.28 as far as I can tell, but not anywhere I expected.

I certainly have to apologize, though, because the situation is not as
simple as I originally thought.  This reverse problem only occurs when
I call lynx from Screen (the termianl multiplexing application), e.g.,
`screen lynx'.  It does not happen when I run lynx from a shell prompt,
using the -cfg= command line option, whether Screen is running (^A-c)
or not.  I had not changed my .cshrc file nor termcap/terminfo file nor
screenrc file.

==> Defining the environment variable LYNX_CFG in .cshrc solved the problem.

I do remember some discussion on the list about Lynx's search for lynx.cfg
having changed, so I'll look through the CHANGES file for that.  Lynx no
longer checks the directory it's in for lynx.cfg?

__Henry

> > Downloaded lynx2.7.1ac-0.28.tar.gz on May 26, and from a new breakout did:
> >         setenv CPPFLAGS -I/home/nelsonhe/.slang/src
> >         setenv LIBS -L/home/nelsonhe/.slang/lib
> >         ./configure --with-screen=slang
> >         make -f makefile generic.
[...]