lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 17:56:42 -0500 (EST)

        An update of fotemods.zip is available in:

        http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/patches/

1997-06-02
* Mods in LYMain.c so as not to require that a lone "-" argument for
  invoking input of command line arguments from stdin be the only
  argument on the actual command line.  That requirement preluded use
  of this feature when the command for invoking Lynx was aliased so
  as to include arguments, because the lone "-" then could not be the
  only argument.  Also tweaked the code so that any stdin-derived
  arguments which need to be processed early in main() are so processed.
  The vanilla code had severly flawed logic in this respect.  The
  security considerations associated with switch handling have gotten
  hairy beyond reasonable bounds, but I think I've thought it all through
  (we'll see :), and have plugged some holes in the vanilla code for
  this feature.  Redirection of stdout and/or stderr to a file now also
  works reliably in conjunction with this feature. - FM
* Added an explanation in the PROBLEMS file of the bad getsockname() and
  getpeername() functions within SOCKETSHR 0.9D which affect the ftp
  gateway, and the URLs for Andy Harper's (address@hidden) fixes of
  the SOCKETSHR 0.9D sources.
* In LYLocal.c, modified the code handling DIRED_MENU to do more careful
  checking of the selected file.  In addition to "TAG", "FILE", and "DIR",
  DIRED_MENU definitions in lynx.cfg now also recognize LINK as a type.
  DIRED_MENU definitions with a type field of "LINK" are only used if the
  current selection is a symbolic link ("FILE" and "DIR" definitions are
  not used in that case).  The default menu definitions have been updated
  to reflect this change, and to avoid the showing of menu items whose
  action would always fail - KW
* Cast all of LYLocal.c into the Lynx programming style. - FM

                                Fote