lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Build Lynx2-6 on DEC Alpha AXP osf/1

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Build Lynx2-6 on DEC Alpha AXP osf/1
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 1997 13:42:51 -0500 (EST)

Saifi <address@hidden> wrote:
>  I am a long time user of Lynx (one of the most useful text only
>  browsers).
>
>  Recently, we got a DEC Alpha AXP 500 Workstation in our Lab. running
>  Digital Unix OSF/1 3.2 revision 41.
>
>  I tried building up Lynx ver2-6 using on this machine and I get the
>  following error report, which I am sending as an "attachment".
>
>  Can somebody please explain to me why am I getting this error and
>  what is it that I am missing. I have never built Lynx from source code
>  before.

        You did make libwww.a sucessfully, but the linker can't find it.
Perhaps you messed something up with editing Makefile for slang support.
What editing did you do in that?  What else did you edit before invoking
make?

        Anyway, v2.6 is not the latest version, and is too old to still
be supported via this list.  If you're updating, update to the latest
version.  See:  http://lynx.browser.org/

                                Fote