lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV how to sink RMS Titanic

From: Jason Baker
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV how to sink RMS Titanic
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 11:32:28 -0700

On May 26, Glenn E. Thobe wrote:

> >The tea leaves needed to
> >detect a forgery are not sent forward as the message clears
> >Majordomo at sig.net.
>
> That would be the Received fields which were in the header when
> Majordomo looked at it.  It's too bad those are stripped.  Maybe
> it's a compiler option, or maybe it's something the Majordomo
> developers should be informed about.  They probably hate spam as
> much as we do.

Configurable at the list level, as I recall.  Took a brief romp
through some .config's of lists I run but the network connection
between here and the site is horrid at the moment, so I gave up
in frustration at the 30+ second redraw delays.  I know I saw it
in there, though. :)

> -Glenn Thobe <address@hidden>

Jason

--
 address@hidden                         |   PGP key available
 Systems Administrator, Information Systems         |   from MIT keyserver.

    print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"address@hidden");