lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV line break missing after input fields in pre blocks

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV line break missing after input fields in pre blocks
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 15:14:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 4 May 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:

> A trace shows start_element in SGML.c is not allowing
> <form> tags in <pre> blocks.
> (This, I believe is legal HTML.)

Notwithstanding your belief, it is not.  Not according to either RFC 1866,
or HTML 3.2, or the HTML Pro DTD, or the Cougar stuff.  Check it out
yourself.

Now if the "New DTD" has helped to correct you on this point, it has
already served a useful purpose. :)

[...]
> Anyway, for the purposes of error recovery, <form> shouldn't force </pre>
> and </form> shouldn't force </pre>.

Maybe it shouldn't, I am not sure.  Is this error one that commonly
occurs?  Note that you don't lose any of the contents of the form or
whether it gets processed, you just lose the PREformatting.

  Klaus

;
;