lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: RP colors - I have seen more of them

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: RP colors - I have seen more of them
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:17:13 +0100 (BST)

Klaus Weide wrote:

> I have updated the code, there is now a new version which I call
> 2.7.1RP+wb+ct-0.3 in <http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/klaus/merged/RP/>.
> The only change I made to your code was to take out the recognition of ','
> as separator.  Amazingly enough, I *do* see background colors now (so my
> temporary "improvement" maybe wasn't so good after all..)

well, backgrounds do work in that if you specify them, then you get them -
they just don't work reliably, so i don't use them.

> There are the usual problems with non-default bg colors in text:  it fills
> neighboring empty screen regions.  But the different colors for the statusline
> (depending on whether it shows an alert, a prompt, etc.) seems to work nicely,
> including colors with non-default backgrounds.

that's because those empty screen regions are part of the text that has the
background colour - that's an unwarranted assumption, and is going to be
(hopefully)
fixed.

> > i know about that - that's been there since the very first set of code.
> > it's not really been on the priority list of things to fix.  i'll have
> > another look sometime soon.
>
> But I think it is important to fix...

well, possibly, but given that only about 5 people actually use my code, it's
not been as important as the other stuff i've been trying to do to lynx.  i'll
try and have another look at it today.

> It seems to be related to the next point.  It is the colors that shouldn't
> be there anyway, that somehow leak over from a previously viewed page,
> which cannot decide what they want.

this is my fault - i fixed this problem in 0.1, but i don't seem to have c&p'd
that
bit of code into the 2.7-0.2 code.  <shame>  lynx2-6.0.1 doesn't have the
problem.

> I have given all these details because the slightet deviation may change
> those colors..

eeeeeeeeeeeeugh!  that's horrible.

> > ok, that's easily fixed.
>
> Care to tell us what the fix is, if it's easy, so we won't have to wait for
> Lynx Styles-0.3? :)

either 1) downgrade to 2-6.0.1 or 2) give me 10 minutes to c&p the relevant bits
--
rob partington / address@hidden / address@hidden
;