lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ question

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ question
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 21:40:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> I popped into the above page, went thru the cgi-bin, and got a patch
> that _claimed_ to upgrade me to version 17.  However, I don't seem to
> be able to find a tar or zip version of 17.

The files in .../lynx/current/ are updated twice a day (I think) by
a cron job.  So you won't find things there immediately after they
have been checked in.

> The patch didn't
> go well - it caused something to look for LYExtern.[ch] but they
> weren't created.

Then I guess you have to find the right flags for `patch' to create new
files from diffs against no-yet-existing files (presumed empty).

> Also, there were some weird entries in the
> diff file that didn't make a lot of sense - some Index lines without
> diff files.

Some, or just one?  What did it say?  Does it matter, doesn't patch just
ignore these anyway?

> Finally, after I hoked around to get things to compile,
> I tried out the resulting executable and just got a core dump.  Before
> I bother trying to track down the core, I would like to just download
> the whole tar and compile fresh.

Either wait till midnight or so, or read my announcement and find out
where the package is available now...

  Klaus

;
;