lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV "123 g" command is wrong...

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV "123 g" command is wrong...
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 17:24:23 -0400 (EDT)

Well -- I'm starting to get feedback on the form numbering patch.
It seems there is a problem jumping to links on
        http://www.shareware.com/
(Try 27g -- current link jumps to 31.)

I discovered the same problem occurs even when form numbering is turned off.

I then built lynx2.7.1ac-0.16 and applied Klaus' (or Fote's?) fix for 123g
(see below).  (Note: none of my patches applied.)
The same problem still occurs.  (Try 27g.)

So there is still a problem with the 123g command.
I haven't looked closely at this code, and am going to refer the problem
to whoever wrote it, as they'd have a better idea where the problem might be.

Aside from this problem, most the feedback I get about form numbering
and the 123g command is positive -- people seem to think both are a
great idea...  Hopefully the bugs won't be too serious...

Thanks in advance for comments and fixes.
--le

> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 12:00:23 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
>
> On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:
>
> I found that my logic for counting links is wrong; it sometimes already
> jumps to form fields, even without Laura's patches :-/.
>
> This only seems to happen (1) if there are form fields on the same line as
> the target link, before it, or (2) if the displayed page won't chage, and
> there are form fields on the same page before it.
>
> I believe the fix is simple, near the top of GetLinkInfo in GridText.c
> in the lines
>
>     for (a = HTMainText->first_anchor; a; a = a->next) {
>         if (go_line && a->number > 0) {
>             if (a->line_num == prev_anchor_line) {
>                 anchors_this_line++;
>
> the "if" condition has to be changed to
>
>         if (go_line) {
>
> But I haven't tested it yet.  Just thought I should let you (Laura, Fote)
> who may be working on something related know.
>
>   Klaus

;
;