lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV numbered form fields (update to web page)

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: LYNX-DEV numbered form fields (update to web page)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 22:26:22 -0400 (EDT)

I upgraded the numbered form fields patch to lynx2.7.1ac-0.15 and
added the submit button fix to my code.

I also built some binaries on machines I have access to, for those who want to
try this stuff but don't want to build it from scratch.
Binaries are available for linux, bsdi and sun4.  The zip files contain the
lynx executable (bin/lynx), lib/lynx.cfg nad the help files and should be
unzipped in your home directory.  $HOME/bin should also be in your PATH.
lynx is built to pick up the config file from $HOME/lib/lynx.cfg.
(See instructions.)

You can download them from
        http://www.intac.com/~leaves/
The README has also been updated to make it simpler for beginners
to understanad the form numbering feature.
For those on lynx-learners that are wondering what I'm talking about, this patch
adds a new keypad mode that generates numbers for form input
fields and buttons as well as regular links.  It also numbers
options in popup menus so options can be selected by typing a number.

This patch is just an experiment that I hacked together over the weekend.
But I would like feedback, especially from blind users.  (I have a
few guinea pigs that I've sent binaries to, but thought I'd also make them
generally available.)

Enjoy!
--le

PS: I know klaus doesn't like my highlighting fix, but I've also upgraded it
    and posted it if anyone wants to use it.

;
;