lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: http://www.skuz.net/ FEEDBACK (fwd)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: http://www.skuz.net/ FEEDBACK (fwd)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 12:14:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Filip M Gieszczykiewicz wrote:
>
> > > Thanks for the input.... Its not very Lynx compatable... . There's
> > > nothintg broken there. Lynx IS getting better but it still doesn't
> > > like...target="display" commands...<g> which is what its seeing there...
> > > Lynx can't open another window...
>
> Not true on both counts.  There is broken code there and lynx handles the
> target="display" fine by ignoring it.  For some reason (unknown to me at
> this time) the fact that it has <STRONG> without </STRONG> makes the links
> inactive (at least on my dev version).

Both 2.7.1+fotemods and the current devel code in both modes of parsing
make the links selectable.  The same is true for the
RP-Styles-0.2-merged-with-devel code.  All these code sets recover from
the invalid HTML on that page better than 2.7.1 or earlier versions.

The META tags won't bye them much from search engines if the search
engines really parse META (not just scan the text)  :)

  Klaus

;
;