lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx.cfg

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx.cfg
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 01:58:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Luke Bakken wrote:

> I just installed 2.7-1 for MKLinux and was configuring the lynx.cfg file
> to use xv instead of xli to view images. However, when running lynx, the
> program still defaults to xli. Here's my trimmed lynx.cfg file, with the
> relevant settings:
>
> XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND:/usr/X11R6.3/bin/xv %s &
>
> VIEWER:application/postscript:ghostview %s&:XWINDOWS
> VIEWER:image/gif:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
> VIEWER:image/x-xbm:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
> VIEWER:image/x-rgb:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
> VIEWER:image/x-tiff:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
> VIEWER:image/jpeg:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
>
> Since the default VIEWER is set at compilation, should I just re-compile
> lynx with xv as the default or should the above changes work? Any help
> would be appreciated.

It should work, but there is a bug in 2.7.1 that prevents the
XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND line from working.
It is corrected in either the development code at
<URL:http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/> or Fote's patches (see
<URL:http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/>).

In this case (not recommended in general[*]) you might just get the
corrected version of the file LYReadCFG.c from
<URL:http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/patches/lynx2-7-1/src/>, replace the
old one in the src/ directory with it, and recompile.

  Klaus

[*] This only works now because there haven't been any other significant
changes to that file.  In general of course you cannot mix source files
from different (non-)versions.

;
;