lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV New code for testing

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV New code for testing
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:51:48 -0400 (EDT)

> 1. I have noticed that configure creates "makefile" (lower case m) and
> there is a "Makefile" (upper case m) which remains unchanged - which
> installs things into /usr/local.  Some make's when faced with 2 files
> of the same name, differing only by case, make a choice of one.  I
> recommend that the Makefile be renamed to Makefile-noconfig or some
> such thing.
afaik, there are no UNIX make programs that would choose Makefile over
makefile (that's the standard behavior).  The choice of name was designed
to phase in the autoconfigure stuff, but when done, there's no reason to
keep the non-autoconf'd Makefile at all (so to appease people who find it
easier to find, that'd be the time too rename makefile.in to Makefile.in

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden