lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Fotemods spelling correction

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Fotemods spelling correction
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:18:14 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Philip Webb) wrote:
>[...]
>BUT, how sure are we what you can in fact do without risk?
>can you delete or reorder links using an editor without damage?
>and can you not also edit titles (eg Washington Post) safely?
>why one if not the other?

        The way I phrased it in the bookmark file lead text is that
you should not change the format within lines, nor add other HTML
markup.  By "titles" I presume you mean the link names, i.e., the
Anchor content.  You have an option to change the default when
'a'dding a bookmark link, and if (Heaven forbid!) you should have
a typo when you do that, editing the Anchor content (so long as
the line stays entirely one line) would not be a change of the
"format" within that line (i.e., that's OK 8-).

        You can do other things as well, and the 'a'dds and 'r'emoves
may still work, but you should not consider the ability to do them
a "feature" which must be supported in future versions.

        Do *NOT* add an OL end tag to the bottom of the bookmark file.

                                Fote