lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV V2.6 bug

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV V2.6 bug
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 17:23:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> No, I haven't validated that page (actually I don't know how).

Use "A Kinder, Gentler HTML Validator" at

http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~gerald/validate/

or "WebTechs HTML Validation Service" at

http://www.webtechs.com/html-val-svc/

> Yes, we may consider about v 2.7.1, but really want to see why v2.6 fails
> on that page while other browsers don't.

I don't know what's making your Lynx 2.6 to crash but I accessed your page
with Lynx 2.6 in two different systems (Solaris 2.x and FreeBSD) without any
problem. Maybe it's an AIX specific problem. Why don't you use Lynx' trace
mode or a debugger like gdb for finding out what's causing the problem?

I remember several messages here about problems with AIX. You could go to
www.excite.com, do a search for lynx-dev and AIX, and see if a similar
problem is reported.

Ismael