lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Fote mods

From: Benjamin C. W. Sittler
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Fote mods
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 11:08:29 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Brian Tillman, x8425 wrote:

> >     Guard agaist the trap of thinking that because you don't personally
> >see the usefulness of something, that it's "worthless". :) :)
>
> Certainly, but isn't that's what people are doing with the Print to local
> file
> option?

Print to local file saves a rendered version to a file on the machine
running Lynx.

Print to screen sends special terminal escape codes to enable a printer
attached to a VT100 terminal and sends the rendered version of the page to
that printer. This isn't very useful unless you have a genuine VT100 or
another terminal/terminal emulator which recognizes the terminal escape
codes for using an attached printer.

(I assume that by "print to screen" in your original message you referred
to the printer definition which uses the lpansi script)

;
;