lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV lynx problem!

From: Eric J. Sison
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx problem!
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 11:42:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hello

        I just ran into some problems with lynx versions 2.6, 2.7, and
        2.7.1 on a DEC Alpha 2100 running Digital Unix 4.0b.

        When building lynx from these versions I get the error "ttytype
        not defined."  So I add a -Dttytype in the Makefile.  Then I do a
        "make osf"  Everything builds without any errors and the lynx
        binary is created.  I attempt to run it then is dumps core.

        The next thing I do is I go to where "ttytype" is located
        (LYCurses.c) and comment it out (just to see what happens).  I do
        a "make clean" then a "make osf".  It builds fine and the binary
        of lynx runs fine.

        I know that ttytype is probably important since it gets the
        terminal type, but why does it not run when it is defined and run
        when it is commented out?

        What could be the problem?

Eric

-- Eric J. Sison -- address@hidden -- http://nixon.temple.edu/~ejs --