lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV ISMAP/USEMAP alt text

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ISMAP/USEMAP alt text
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 20:02:59 -0700

Hi all,

After reading the few replies, it would seem then, if I understand right,
that there is no way to specify in the HTML (ALT="<whatever>" or some such)
something to display instead of the [ISMAP] pseudo-alt.

If this is true, and HTML actually provides no mechanism that Lynx can use for
this, then I think it would be fitting to have Lynx NOT emit the [ISMAP] when
there is also a [USEMAP] attribute present. It further think, that if both
are to be emitted, that [ISMAP] should come AFTER [USEMAP].
\
I thought I might take a look at the code and see if I could do anything
about it myself, and did find code to emit the pseudo alt in html.c, but
there was so much stuff mixed in, and in so many places that it would take
a lot of study to figure out what is what.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,