lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV lynx 2.7 development code and color question

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx 2.7 development code and color question
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:20:55 -0500

I compiled a relatively recent (this morning) version of lynx.  After
hacking on the makefile and userdefs files to configure them to build for
my site (Solaris 2.4/Sun compiler/ncurses/rxvt).
I then compile the code.
When I try to use the lynx, I don't get color in my rxvt.
So I try lynx -color. That doesn't work either.  I look in the LYMain.c and
see that -color is only available for SLANG.

So how do I convince the lynx compiled with NCURSES that it should display
color?  I read the CHANGES.new and README.configure files and they don't
specify how to do it.

Hmm - interesting.  Looking that the config.h that was generated for
me by configure, the COLOR_CURSES define wasn't set, nor was the
FANCY_CURSES.  Shouldn't these be set when one is using ncurses 4.0?

;