lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx.cfg and download methods

From: Paul Gilmartin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx.cfg and download methods
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 10:48:36 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, address@hidden said:

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 11:20:03 -0500 (EST)
>
> Hi, I was wondering where the lynx.cfg file is located and how I can edit it

Answered (as far as possible) in the FAQ at:
    http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ/

> to specify different download methods. Also, is it possible to dowload a file
> directly to my PC from the lynx browser, without saving it to my home
> directory on my server?

Lynx always saves (temporarily, at least) to a /tmp file.  But with the
right downloader definition in lynx.cfg, you may download directly from
there, without further saving to your home directory.

-- gil
;
;