lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Fote's 14-Dec 2-6-mod crashes on ultrix too

From: --- Alvian ---
Subject: LYNX-DEV Fote's 14-Dec 2-6-mod crashes on ultrix too
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 96 04:30:14 +1100

Hi Fote,

I wish to report this crash.  My system is DEC Ultrix.
Lynx is built with slang.  This bug causes an unaligned
access & bus error on ultrix.  Lynx exits with signal 10
via interrupt 0.

Looks like your fix of <HR> isn't working so well. :-(

This html dies:
<h1>Hello</h1>
<hr>

This dies too:
Sample text<p>
<hr>

But this is ok:
Sample text
<hr>

And so is this:
<h1>Hello</h1>
<hr>

The key is the presence of <h1> or <p> followed immediately
by <hr>.  Probably affects other format containers too but I
haven't tested them all.

Trace output follows for the </h1><hr> case:

[Initialisation & URL-searching deleted]

HTFormat: Constructing stream stack for text/html to www/present
StreamStack: found exact match: text/html
SGML: Start <H1>
GridText: Change to style Heading1
GridText: split_line called
HTML:begin_element: adding style to stack - Heading1
SGML: End </H1>
HTML:end_element: Popped style off stack - Normal
GridText: Change to style Normal
GridText: split_line called
GridText: split_line called
SGML: Start <HR>
GridText: split_line called
GridText: split_line called
GridText: split_line called
GridText: Removing bottom blank line:
GridText: New bottom line:
GridText: Removing bottom blank line:
GridText: New bottom line:
GridText: Removing bottom blank line:
GridText: New bottom line:
Gridtext: Entering HText_endAppend
HTAccess:  status=29997
HTAccess: `file://localhost/erased_at_5am_monday/atm/lynx2-6/m.html' has been
accessed.
HTParse: aName:file://localhost/erased_at_5am_monday/atm/lynx2-6/m.html
relatedName:
HTParse: result:file://localhost

That's all -trace said before Lynx died.

Thank you, Fote.
Alvian Tam.
;
;