lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV VT100 terminals and lpansi

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV VT100 terminals and lpansi
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 16:48:51 +0900 (JST)

> printer attached to the terminal by using lpansi and defining the
> appropriate printer in lynx.cfg.  What we need to know is whether this
> will work for vt100 terminals (and reasonably good emulators) or whether
> it's a vt102+ thing only.

It will work with vt100 emulations (Fujitsu's `INETbios telnet', MS `TELNET'
and `Tera Term'), but the PC itself may not accept the ansi escape codes
lpansi uses to switch stdout to the printer and then back to the display.
I got lpansi to play `jingle bells' (I think it was something like `printf(
"\x1B[7");' -- good for testing), but never could get a print out because
the PC only understood ^P _keyed_ in, and did not understand the escape codes.

__Henry
;
;