lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx reading *.gz file

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx reading *.gz file
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 00:55:21 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Willa Zhu wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm having problem using lynx to read *.gz file.  When I use "-source"
> or "dump" option, it complains "sh:/usr/bin/gzip: no such file ...".
> THe gzip on our system is located at /bin/gzip.  What should I do in
> order to read (re-direct) a *.gz file using lynx?

The path for gzip, is defined in userdefs.h and has to be adapted
to the system before compiling.

If you compiled Lynx yourself, you didn't read the documentation
that is necessary to read before installing.

If you are not responsible for that Lynx binary, then you have to talk
to whoever is.  They should recompile Lynx. (Or if they are lazy they
will just make a symlink from /usr/bin/gzip to /bin/gzip..).

  Klaus

;
;