lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV ssl patches for lynx?

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ssl patches for lynx?
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 22:20:08 -0500 (EST)

  From: Aaron Howell <address@hidden>

  Hi there.

  I know there's patches for lynx to make it ssl complient out there, but
  I don't seem to be able to find them.
  If anyone could be so kind as to pop a copy of them my way, or perhaps a
  proxy server that supports decoding of ssl urls (I've hard something
  about there being one of those somewhere too), I would be forever in
  your debt as this is getting rather urgent, that is, I would kinda like
  to be able to get my marks sometime soon.
  Thanks hugely for any help, please reply to me, not to the list. I'm not
  on the list, these two just seemed like the places I might be most
  likely to get help.

Aaron:

There is a rather closely worded distribution statement at

http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ/ssl.html

I think you can get it, but you must write the email stating who and
where you are and what you aren't going to do.

There is more discussion on this just in the last week, but I
think that mail to Tom as indicated on the FAQ page is the
efficient way for you to proceed.

Al Gilman

PS: yes please bring us your Lynx questions at lynx-dev.  It's
all there is, modulo Jeff Doran's more tutorial lynx-learners list.