lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Unixware-Slang Compiling...

From: Doug Lawson
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Unixware-Slang Compiling...
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 15:50:48 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Jason Sizemore wrote:

> cp lynx ..
> Welcome to Lynx!
> $ make install
> $
> ./install-sh -c -c -s -m 555 lynx /home/Titus/local/bin/lynx
> <snip>
> *ROTF* Now, if you'll excuse me...it's time for some Vodka!

> Question: What do I type at my Unix prompt to use this? Normally I would
> type `lynx' to access the ISP's version, but I want to use my own now of
> course! =)

I see that you've already gotten at least  one reply explaining how to
manipulate the PATH variables to run your copy of lynx.  This may or may
not be desirable, since you are changing your path for the sake of one
program.

If you are using the C-shell, you can add a line like this to your
.cshrc file:
        alias lynx '/home/Titus/local/bin/lynx'
Now, each time you enter 'lynx' on the command line, you'll get your new
copy of lynx.

To find out which shell you are using, using the "env" command, and look
for the SHELL environment varialble.  The C-shell will have a name like
"/bin/csh" or "/usr/bin/csh" or something similar.

Doug

;
;